Saturday, June 07, 2008

Irritable Uterus

That's not all that's irritable. I'm getting more and more irritable with each passing day, sometimes each passing hour.

I went in for the "non stress test" today and the girls responded well. The nurse told me it was the first time she's ever seen anyone with twins finish that test in the minimal 20 minutes. They performed like troopers.

My uterus, on the other hand, was irritable. I wasn't having any "contractions," yet there were a bunch of spikes on the chart, showing increased activitie there. They ended up giving me a couple of pills, I can't recall what medication, to quiet and calm my uterus and sent me on my way.

I have to go back for another non-stress test on Monday and also another test to measure the water around the babies.

After the test today, I was in more pain than I've been in for some time. I thought I was going to throw up. The pain in my groin area is increasing and the pain under my ribs is also. The surface of my stomach is also aching and extremely sensitive to touch, in a 4-5 inch radius around my navel. Of course I keep bumping into things with my belly, just because it's so big and in the way.

2 comments:

Anita Blanchard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita said...

How was Monday's stress test?