Thursday, June 12, 2008

Faring Quite Well...Sigh...

Today was another appointment with the OB/GYN. I can't believe how well I'm doing. Dammit!!! Low blood pressure...107/72...low, stable blood sugar-without meds, no dilation, no effacing, good amnio levels, etc. And the babies are doing really well too...lots of movement, good heart rates.

The uterus, it turns out was not even irritable. The monitor readout was making a spike every time I coughed. Ugh. And to think I was medicated over that. I don't have to go back for another two weeks. But...I do have to continue with twice weekly monitoring at the hospital and 1 more high tech ultrasound with the perinatal group. By that time, I should be ready to deliver...either by choice of these twins or by the scheduled C, whichever comes first.

The babies are big, but my doctor doesn't seem to think it's because of the gestational diabetes. He thinks they're just big, healthy girls. I've been starting to retain some fluid and my feet and hands have been a bit swollen. Another strange place I'm retaining water is at the droopiest part of my belly. And that area is really sore because of it. Accidentally touching or bumping it makes me jump out of my skin in pain. I think I need to start watching my sodium intake, as I don't really know what else to do. I'll see if that helps.

Anyway, plugging ahead...

1 comment:

Anita said...

I'm slow to respond to your letter, but you rock on challenging your doctor and pointing out that the coughs were causing the spikes. I have admit you're pretty inspirational right now in your strength and determination in taking charge of your own and your children's health in this process! Hooray!!!