Friday, May 02, 2008

So Far, So Good

I had a perinatal apt. today and all was well. The babies are weighing in at around 30 weeks and I am 28 1/2 weeks along. The ultrasoundologist (I know that's not what they're called) said "you have really big babies, for having twins...normally they weigh in about a week BEHIND schedule."

I'm showing no signs of pre-term labor, so I am cleared for another 4 weeks, until I need to go back for further violations. So while all is well, I still feel like garbage. My whole midsection HURTS! There really isn't any position that I'm comfortable enough in to feel any kind of relief. Staying off my feet helps the most. I also have plans to try and start spending some time in a pool. That's one of the few things that makes the body feel weightless and will relieve the incredible pressure of gravity pulling on this massive belly.

Baby "A" is recessed further into my abdomen and on my left side. She is the bigger 3lb 8 oz. of the two. Baby "B" is on my right side and pushing against the surface. She weighs about 3lb 11 oz. I'm convinced that baby "B" is going to be a kickboxer someday. She kicks me and stretches out her legs all the time, leaving me with the feeling like she's going to break through the surface and find her own way out.

Max had his gymnastics class this morning. Later, this afternoon, I took him to Chuck E. Cheese for a couple of hours. He keeps busy dropping tokens into the various games and I read a book. I know it would be nicer if I was playing with him, but in the spirit of keeping off of my feet, I think he made out pretty well.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Hooray!!

Everything sounds fantastic!!