Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sea World

Max goes to a very unique school. It is a state charter school, but it is a Montessori program. Not only that, but it's a hybrid of sorts, because it's a combination of classroom and homeschooling. He homeschools Mondays and Tuesdays and attends his class Wednesdays through Fridays. I really feel like it's the best of both worlds. At least if you are not a parent who is employed outside the home. I really like the fact that I have input to his education and I can do things that the school cannot. Like offer him the variety of media choices, field trip opportunities, subject, content, etc.

Anyway, last week I took Max to Sea World. We've had annual passes for the past several years and our current passes are about to expire. Normally, I would have taken Brooke and Lauren too, but they are too old to get in for free now and it's not a good time to get passes for them. So, Max and I went alone. It's always great to spend one-on-one time with the children. Max gets to do this much more than his sisters. It truly is hard to seperate them and yet I know it needs to be done, so that they can both benefit from the individual focus and attention that they need from time to time.

Max and I had a wonderful day. No strollers. The freedom we had walking around was wonderful. It was a beautiful day, with lots of sunshine and perfect temperature. We walked through exhibits, saw a show, fed some sea lions, went on some rides, played some games and ate some lunch. We laughed, played and ran around holding hands. Max talked me into two different rides that made me sick to my stomach and got me to go on them twice in a row each. We took some photos and some video. I put together a little video to highlight his trip and make it an official homeschool activity.

No comments: